Sasa mandala – Logos – The hare – Kapoti (she-dove)
Alpha – Arneb, the hare – Arnab
Beta – Nihal, camel’s quenching thirst – Nibal – Nawahil – Kursi el Jauza, footstool of the giant
The stars Alpha, Beta, Epsilon, Theta, Eta, Delta and Gamma of Lepus form the she-dove or Kapoti.
Stars at Sidereal Zodiac Degree
– Beta Lepus. Source of water. Quenching of thirst. Seen amongst the camel stars, from the constellation of the Hare. Also one of the 4 stars making the throne of Orion.
– Alpha Lepus. Represents the hare. Also among the stars forming the throne of Orion, the giant.
Kapota mandala – the dove, Noah’s dove.
Alpha – Phact – Fached, thigh.
Beta – Wazn, the weight.
Lamda – Tsze, son.
– Alpha Columba. – The white dove of love and peace.
– Beta Columba – The weight. Among the good messengers as doves in Columba constellation.
Canis Major constellation
Mriga-Vyādha mandala – Svan, the dog, Cyon, Kuan, Kalab-Samsi (Dog of the sun) – The deer hunter – Kakkab Lik-udu – Sunah – Shihor. Canis Major.
Alpha – Sirius – Lubdhaka – Tishya (the burning or bright one) – Tistrya – Seirious, the scorcher – Sopdil – Kak-ban (the bow star) – Svan – Ka-lik-ka (tongue of the dog) – Lesan-Kalbe – the Dog Star – Kosta (the Jackal), Sivā (she-jackal) – Vishvāmitra – Caniculus – Ash Shira Al Yamani
This star used called Arda-Lubdaka in the ancient nakshatras.
Beta – Mirzam – Munzir, monitor – Ma’sam, wrist – Mizam, balance
Gamma – Muliphein (the oath) – Phurud – Farid – Kurud, single stars/Apes
Delta – Wezen (weight)
Epsilon – Adhara (maiden) – Adara, back – Dhara
Zeta – Furud (Solitary)
Eta – Aludra (maidenhood)
Old nakshatra Ārdrā-Lubdhaka was also called Kakkab Kak-Si-Sa (The star, the leader) and Asar-rab-sami (Station great of the heavens)
Other Asterisms in Canis Major
Stars alpha, beta, delta, epsilon and eta make a hunting horn, or a buffalo horn. Sringa mandala.
Doves – Theta and Kappa of Canis Major.
– Beta Canis Major. The announcing dog. Wrist, monitor or balance.
– Zeta Canis Major. The bright solitary ones. Among the primary Apes.
– Alpha Canis Major. Lubdaka, the prehistoric king of the stars. Isis. The brightest of the heavens. Angra Mainyu. Vishvamitra in the Indian pantheon.
– Gamma Canis Major. The Oath. Among the primal apes.
– Epsilon Canis Major. – The Maiden, or virgins of heaven. Dhara, one of the lunar Vasu gods in the Indian pantheon.