Vrischika mandala – Burj al Akrab – Scorpion – Nepa. Scorpio.
Alpha – Antares – Rohini-tara – Anti – Areus – Hakrab – Angaraka – Mangala – Virabhadra – Virochana.
Beta – Graffias – Acrab (claws) – Syam – Ikhil, the crown.
Delta – Dschubba (forehead).
Theta – Sargas (seizer).
Zeta – Sabal.
Lambda – Shaula (raised tail).
Nu – Jabbah.
Sigma – Al Niyat (arteries).
Upsilon – Lesath (the sting).
Omega – Jabhar al Akrab (scorpion’s forehead).
Asterisms in Scorpio
Anuradha nakshatra, the 17th of lunar zodiac. Made up of Delta, Eta, Kappa and Omega Scorpio. Deity – Mitra.
Jyeshtā nakshatra, the 18th Indian asterism, consists of Alpha, Iota and Theta of Scorpio. Deity – Indra.
Mulā nakshatra, the 19th lunar mansion – Vichrita – made up of 5 stars in the shape of a conch shell.
Made up of stars Beta, Gamma, Zeta, Lambda and Nu.
Deity – Nirriti.
El Iklil – The crown. Beta Delta and Pi of Scorpio. The 17th Arabic lunar mansion.
El Kalb – The heart. Alpha Scorpio. The 18th Arabic moon station.
El Esh Shawla – The curved tail. Lambda and Upsilon of Scorpio. The 19th Arabic star asterism.
Stars at Sidereal Zodiac Degree
– Zeta Scorpio. Among the stars that make Mitra, or Anuradha Nakshatra. Isidus. In the tail of the Scorpion. Part of Iklil, the crown.
– Delta Scorpio. The forehead of the Scorpion. Among the stars that make Anuradha Nakshatra. Light of the Hero. The tree of life. Inferred that this represented Eden. Also Iklil, the crown.
– Beta Scorpio. Means Scorpion. Iklil, part of the crown on the forehead. Anuradha Nakshatra.
– Nu Scorpio. Forehead. Light of the hero. Garden of light or Eden. Anuradha Nakshatra.
– Alpha Scorpio. Kartikeye in the Indian Pantheon, or the incarnation of Mars the planet. Means the Opposite. Red, and amongst the brightest stars of heaven. Jyeshta Nakshatra.
– Upsilon Scorpio – The stinger of the Scorpion’s tail.
– Lambda Scorpio – The Sting of the Scorpio. Along with other stars, makes Mula or Vichitra Nakshatra in the shape of a conch-shell of 5 stars.
– Theta Scorpio. Part of the Curve to the tail. The seizer.
– M6 Scorpio. The seizer. ‘The place where one bows down.’ Part of the tail. Among the ‘blind stars’.
– M7 Scorpio. The place where one bows down. Among the ‘blind stars’. Part of seizer in the Scorpio tail.
Alpha – Mothallah.
– Alpha Triangulum. Mothallah. The Mothman to the light.
Triangulum Australis constellation
Dakshina Trikona mandala.
Alpha – Atria.
– Alpha Triangulum Australis. The triangle refers the Patriachs of Man as gods.
A coat of quotes and passing poetry
Now, on sea and land descending,
Brings the night its peace profound:
Let our vesper hymn be blending With the holy calm around.
Soon as dies the sunset glory, Stars of heaven shine out above,
Telling still the ancient story— Their Creator's changeless love.
Now, our wants and burdens leaving To his care who cares for all,
Cease we fearing, cease we grieving; At his touch our burdens fall.
As the darkness deepens o'er us, Lo! eternal stars arise;
Hope and Faith and Love rise glorious, Shining in the Spirit's skies."
Vesper Hymn | Samuel Longfellow