Leo Minor constellation
Simha-sāvaka mandala – lesser Lion. Leo Minor.
Alpha – Praecipula (principal star).
Stars at Sidereal Zodiac Degree
– Omicron Leo Minor. Chief, or leader.
Simha mandala – Burj al Ased – The Lion – Urgula, big dog – Layish – Aru – Shir – Lik-gula – Aryeh – Leya – Simhika. Deity – Surya, the sun.
Alpha – Regulus – Cor Leonis – Kalb – prince – heart of the lion – Yamaraja-putra – Dharmaputra – Melekh, the king – Basiliskos – Sar-ru – Lugal – Rex – Malik – Regalis.
Beta – Denebola, tail of the lion – Uttara – Dzeneb al-asad – Zanab-al-asad – Aleet.
Gamma – Al Gieba, the forehead/the wondrous.
Delta – Zozma – El Zubra – Dhahr al Ased.
Epsilon – Ras Elased, head of the lion – Rasalas.
Zeta – Adhafera, curl.
Theta – Coxa – Chort – Chertan.
Iota – Tsze Tseang, second general.
Lambda – Alterf, glance.
Mu – Rasalas.
Other Asterisms in Leo
5 stars forming the body of Leo are conspicuous by the colour red (Pāndu colour) – Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Theta.
Nakshatra Maghā – Aghāh – Kakkab-Gis-bar (wood of light) – Kakkab Gub-bara-mes-su-tu-e-kur (fire-flame ruler of the host temple of earth) – Al-guba -the sickle – Bhrigu. The 10th nakshatra of sequence in the Indian star asterism system. Made up of the stars Alpha, Gamma, Eta, Epsilon and Delta. Deity – Pitris.
Purva-Phalguni nakshatra – Arjuni – Kakkab Ili-ku-a (asterism of Maradukh, the oracle god) – Al Zubra. The 11th nakshatra. Made up of the stars Delta and Theta of Leo. Deity – Bhaga (the Aditya)
Uttara Phalguni nakshatra – Arjuni, the black – Kakkab Lamas-su (asterism of the flaming one) – Al Serpha, the lion’s tail. The 12th of the nakshatra system. Made up of stars Beta Leo and Upsilon Virgo. Deity – Aryaman (the Aditya)
El Terfa – Glance of the lion’s eye. Lambda Leo. The 9th Arabic moon station.
El Jeb’ha – Forehead. Made up of Alpha, Eta, Gamma, Zeta, Mu and Epilson of Leo. The 10th Arabic star mansion.
El Zubra – Hair on the back. Delta and Theta of Leo. The 11th Arabic star asterism.
El Serba – The turning. Beta Leo. The 12th Arabic moon station.
– Lambda Leo – The lion’s glance. The extremity.
Ras Elased Australis
– Epsilon Leo – The eyebrows of the lion. Al Ashfar. Southern.
– Omicron Leo – In the leg of the lion.
– Zeta Leo. The Curl of hair on the lion’s forehead. Also known as a funeral pyre as Al Serpha.
Eta Leo. Part of the 15 Arabic star mansion. The forehead of the lion.
– Gamma Leo. – Means forehead though on the lion’s mane. One of the stars in an Arabic asterism of the sickle.
– Alpha Leo. King of kings. Lion-heart. The red flame. Magha Nakshatra in the Indian pantheon. The heart of the lion. Watcher from the north. Vanant (At the edge of the forest of stars.)
– Delta Leo – The Star of discretion. Meaning girdle, at the back of lion. Sukshma, in the Indian pantheon. Kua, the oracle in ancient Euphrates. Purva Phalguni nakshatra, of the apsara Arjuni.
– Eta Leo. – Meaning rib. In the mane of the lion. Makes up Arabic star mansion Al Zubra, the mane, and Indian Nakshatra Purva Phalguni.
– Beta Leo – The tail of the lion. Uttara Phalguni in the Indian star mansions. Provident for journeys and marriage.
Hrada-sarpa mandala – Tsir-gal, the great snake – Nakhasch maim, the great snake of the water – Kaliya – Rahu – Ananta.
Alpha – Alphard – the solitary one – Rahah – Rahu – Kaliya – Alla, the snake – Al-Ferd – Tur – Tah – Cor Hydrae, heart of the Hydra.
Beta – Sesha.
Zeta – Vasuki.
Sigma – Minhar al Shuja, the snake’s nose.
Tau – Ukdah, the knot.
Other Asterisms in Hydra
Asleshā nakshatra – Kattsir-ninake (mouth of the snake drinks) – Kakkab Tur-us-mal-mukh (asterism of the son of the supreme temple) – Ili Danu (the god, the divine judge) – Caput Hydra, the head of Hydra
The stars form a chakra on the hood of Hydra. The 9the nakshatra star asterism.
Made up of stars Zeta, Epsilon, Eta, Delta and Sigma of Hydra.
– Alpha Hydra. The Solitary one. Rahu in Indian pantheons, also Kaliya in old world Krishna story. Vasuki, the king of snakes. The heart of the Water Serpent Hydra.
Vayu-yantra mandala – Antila Pneumatica – hand pump.
A coat of quotes and passing poetry
Quote # 19
For every deed of goodness done, is like
A chord set in the heart, and joy doth strike
Upon it, oft as memory doth unroll
The immortal page whereon good deeds are writ.