Mithuna mandala – Burj Aj Jawza, constellation of the giant – Mastabba-galgal (the great twins), Tuāme-Rabuti, the twins, Didymoi, Geminorium – Az Zawg, the pair – Dioscuroi
Alpha – Castor – Soma
Beta – Pollux – Poludeukos – Dhishnu
Gamma – Almeisan – Alhena – shining, the mark
Delta – Wasat – Middle of the sky – Anila
Epsilon – Mebsuta, outstretched (paw) – Mesoula – Mabsūt
Zeta – Mekbuda, pulled inward (paw)
Eta – Propus, forward foot
Mu – Tejat
Iota – Propus, before the foot
Other Asterisms in Gemini
Invaka mandala, previous era nakshatra – Kakkab Khi-Gall-a (The asterism of the canal of water, Rakhiad – the watery way.
Deity – Soma, the galaxy
5 stars shaped in a flight of herons, Gamma, Mu, Eta, Zeta and Xi of Gemini.
This represents the bow of Rudra that Lord Rama broke to win Sita’s hand.
They also represent the 5 fires surrounding Vana mandala or Ishu-Trikanda – the arrow.
Punarvasu nakshatra – Kakkab Su-pa, the asterism of the lustrous one -Ankiames (asterism of heaven and earth), Dioskouroi of Kastor of Polydeukes
Deity – Aditi, the indivisible
Originally this nakshatra, the 7th sequence was Alpha and Beta of Gemini, Soma and Dhishnu representing the Vasus. Modern day attaches 5 stars to it, inso it comprises of Beta, Lamda and Delta of Gemini, along with Alpha and Beta of Canis Minor, Suni Mandala.
El Hen’a – Things, one over another. Xi and Gamma of Gemini. The 6th Arabic moon station.
Al Dzira – Arm of Pollux. Alpha and Beta of Gemini. The 7th Arabic star mansion.
Stars at Sidereal Zodiac Degree
– Eta Gemini – The front foot of Castor among the twins, or Soma, the Indian god. The pivot foot.
– Mu gemini. – The back foot of Castor among the Gemini twins.
– Gamma Gemini. – Left foot of Pollux. Shining, brand mark. Achilles heel as its origin. The camel’s hump in a winding set of stars.
– Epsilon Gemini. Outstretched paw of the lion. The tunic of Castor.
– Xi Gemini – Foot of Pollux, the heavenly twin. The button.
– Zeta Gemini. – On the right leg of Castor, the pulled back paw of the lion nearby.
– Delta Gemini – The Middle of the Sky. Anila, one of the Vasus, the lunar gods. Vausat is also an occult avatar of Agni, the fire god.
– Alpha Gemini. The immortal twin turned mortal god. Soma from the Indian pantheon who became stardust upon sacrifice in remaking the stars.
– Beta Gemini – Polydeukes. The mortal twin god. Dhishnu, in the Indian pantheon, who along with Yidun/Narayana in Ursa Minor makes the god Vishnu in the Indian pantheon.
A coat of quotes and passing poetry
Now, on sea and land descending,
Brings the night its peace profound:
Let our vesper hymn be blending With the holy calm around.
Soon as dies the sunset glory, Stars of heaven shine out above,
Telling still the ancient story— Their Creator's changeless love.
Now, our wants and burdens leaving To his care who cares for all,
Cease we fearing, cease we grieving; At his touch our burdens fall.
As the darkness deepens o'er us, Lo! eternal stars arise;
Hope and Faith and Love rise glorious, Shining in the Spirit's skies."
Vesper Hymn | Samuel Longfellow