Timi mandala – Ketos – The whale, also known as Kumar, Ceti, Kaitos, Pistris and Kumaru. Cetus constellation.
Alpha – Menkar – nostril.
Beta – Diphda – the frog. Deneb Kaitos, tail of the whale.
Zeta – Baten Kaitos, belly of the whale.
Omicron – Mira – Wondrous star. Pradyumana. Also known as Akh-na(worm and the eclipse). Also known as Mara, the Indian cupid. The Kāmadeva-tara.
Gamma – Kaffaljidhmah, cut short hand(reaching from Pleiades)
Iota – Schemali, Northern(part of tail)
Other Asterisms in Cetus
Eta, Theta, Tau, Zeta in the belly – El Naamat – the ostriches.
Fixed Stars at Sidereal Zodiac Degree
– Beta Cetus. The tail of the whale. Also called Diphra, the frog. In China it was Too Sze Kung, “Superintendent of Earthworks”.
– Zeta Cetus. The belly of the Whale. Although the star is located a little higher on the body. Separately also part of a smaller asterism of the ostritches, El Naamat.
– Omicron Cetus – The Wondrous star. Pradyumana. Kāmadeva. A version of Cupid.
– Gamma Cetus. – Part of a Hand (Cut short). In reference to the Pleiades.
20°27’ – Alpha Cetus – The Nostril. or the Beak of the Whale.
Yajna-kunda mandala – The Furnace or the Altar.
Yami mandala – Euphrates, the river, also known as Pur-e-din(Strong of the plain), Potamas, Eridānus, Fluvius, Amnis and Yamuna.
Alpha – Achernar, the end of the river. Nadi Mukha. Also known as Akhir-e-Nahr.
Beta – Kursi, Footstool.
Gamma – Zaurac – ship’s boat.
Tau – Anchal an Nahr, bend of the river. Nahar, the stream. Angetenar, curve of river.
Upsilon – Thamin, the eighth.
Delta – Rana – frog
Eta – Azha – hatching place
Theta – Acamar, original end of river
Omicron 1 – Beid, Ostrict egg
Omicron 2 Keid, broken eggshell
Other Asterisms in Eriadne
The stellar head – Vipra Munda – Visvarupa. Made up of the stars Alpha, Beta, Delta, Epilson, Zeta, Eta and 3 others.
– Alpha Eridanus. Mouth of the River. Eriadne is called Yami mandala, and this, Nadi Mukha. Bright star marking the end of river.
– Theta Eridanus. The furrow. The original end of the river, Yami or the river of death. Later associated with an embankment.
– Tau Eridanus – Curve of river. The River-Bend. Inayat. The accommodating flexibility.
Eta Eridanus. – The hatching-place. The Sufi’s space. Aja Ekapad.
– Zeta Eridanus – The Ostrict. Part of the Sufi hatching place.
– Delta Eridanus – The frog made prince.
– Gamma Eridanus – Bright Star of the Boat. The last messenger’s boat.
– Upsilon 1/2 Eridanus – The twins. From the water.
– Omicron Eridanus. Quaid. Broken egg-shells. Destroyer of nations.
– 53 Eridanus. The sceptre abandoned by the river.
Beta Eridanus. The chair or the footstool, near the Ostrich nest, by the river. Used in Orion in his story.
A coat of quotes and passing poetry